50 Quotes About Self-Confidence
Does a lack of confidence make you feel as if you were born shy? Do you feel that you are the odd one out and that other people are judging your every move or sniggering at your attempts to step out of your comfort zone? If so take heart because you are not alone. A lack of confidence can impact us all in a small way but there are ways to overcome it. We love to show our clients these quotes about self-confidence as they show that you don’t have a physical problem but simply anxiety that is stopping you from achieving your full potential.
This post may contain affiliate links which means that we get a commission if you choose to make a purchase through the link. This is at no cost to you. Please read our disclosure page for more information.
If these quotes about self-confidence show you anything they demonstrate that even the most famous and renowned people have had to overcome problems with self-esteem and confidence. In many cases, they did this by simply changing their attitude. The fake it until you make it approach is something that everyone from Amy Schumer to Katy Perry believes in.
Anxiety or worry about putting yourself out there is usually caused by a fear of embarrassing yourself, being judged or failing at whatever you attempt. But what about if you decided to hell with it and went on and did it anyway despite the consequences? In most cases, you are likely to succeed and in the few cases where things might not work out, you will have probably learned a valuable lesson from the experience.
We help our clients to create belief in themselves so that they try things that previously they would have avoided. They need to know that all avoidance does is make their problem worse and narrows their worlds. A lack of confidence can rob you of opportunities, impact relationships and impact how much you will earn. Therefore it makes sense to invest in programs to help build confidence, self-esteem and self-worth.
Our confidence worksheets and printable PDF can help you to spot the triggers that are holding you back as well as the unhelpful thoughts that cause you to retreat to the familiar. Use them not only to work out the lies your mind may be telling you but to overcome distorted thinking and create positive change.
Motivational Quotes About Self-Confidence
Our 50 quotes about self-confidence have been collated to show you what others suggest when you are doubting your abilities. Look down the list and draw inspiration from others or use their advice to change the way you think. Whatever you do just don’t stay static and keep on doing the same old things in the hope that things will change. You need to take some steps to remove a lack of self-confidence and when you do you will wonder why you never did anything about it sooner.
- Be proud of who you are, not ashamed of how someone else sees you. – Unknown
- Fake your confidence. And fake how sure you are of yourself, it will just start happening. – Amy Schumer
- You alone are enough. You have nothing to prove to anybody. – Maya Angelou
- Believe you can and you’re halfway there. – Theodore Roosevelt
- Confidence is the ability to feel beautiful without needing someone else to tell you. – Mandy Hale
- Confidence is not “they will like me”. Confidence is “I’ll be fine if they don’t”. – Christina Grimmie
- Talk to yourself like someone you love. – Brenne Brown
- Love yourself first and everything else falls in line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world. – Lucille Ball
- If you are presenting yourself with confidence, you can pull off pretty much anything. – Katy Perry
- Trust yourself to know more than you actually think you do. – Dr Benjamin Spock
- Self-confidence is a superpower. Once you start to believe in yourself, magic starts happening. – Unknown
- Confidence isn’t walking into a room thinking you are better than everyone, its walking in not having to compare yourself to anyone at all. – Unknown
- Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself. – Coco Chanel
- You have to expect things of yourself before you do them. – Michael Jordan
- Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you are right. – Henry Ford
- One important key to success is self-confidence. An important key to self-confidence is preparation. – Arthur Ashe
- Through my education, I didn’t just develop skills, I didn’t just develop the ability to learn, but I developed confidence. – Michelle Obama
- Self-confidence is the most attractive quality a person can have. How can anyone else see how awesome you are if you can’t see it yourself.” – Unknown
- The best way to gain self-confidence is to do what you are afraid to do. – Swati Sharma
- If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves. — Thomas Edison
- The most beautiful thing you can wear is confidence. – Blake Lively
- With confidence, you have won before you have started. – Marcus Garvey
- Confidence comes from not always being right but from not fearing to be wrong. – Peter T Mcintyre
- If you are too comfortable it is time to move on. Terrified of what’s next? You’re on the right track. – Susan Fales-Hill
- You alone are enough. You have nothing to prove to anybody. – Maya Angelou
- You are braver than you think, more talented than you know, and capable of more than you imagine. – Roy T Bennett
- Self-Confidence is the first requisite to great undertakings. – Samuel Johnston
- It is confidence in our bodies, minds and spirits that allows us to keep looking for new adventures. – Oprah
- With the realization of one’s own potential and self-confidence in one’s ability, one can build a better world. – Dalai Lama
- All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure. -Mark Twain
- Don’t wait the time will never be just right. – Napoleon Hill
- Just believe in yourself. Even if you don’t, pretend that you do and, at some point, you will. – Venus Williams
- Confidence is silent. Insecurities are loud. – Unknown
- No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. – Eleanor Roosevelt
- You may never be good enough for everybody, but you will always be the best for somebody. – Rhianna
- No one is born with self-confidence. Self-confidence is learned and earned with experience. -Denis Waitley
- Self-confidence is the memory of success. – David Storey
- Because confidence is like respect; you have to earn it.” ― Mindy Kaling
- Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another stepping stone to greatness. – Oprah
- I am the greatest. I said that before I knew I was. – Mohammed Ali
- If you can’t love yourself, how the hell are you gonna love somebody else? – Ru Paul
- The most alluring thing a woman can have is confidence. – Beyonce
- Don’t waste your energy trying to change opinions … Do your thing, and don’t care if they like it. — Tina Fey
- If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint,’ then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced. –Vincent Van Gogh
- To anyone that ever told you you’re no good. They’re no better. — Hayley Williams
- Confidence is the most important single factor in this game, and no matter how great your natural talent, there is only one way to obtain and sustain it: work. – Jack Nicklaus
- It’s important to be fearless yet vulnerable. It takes courage to do both. Confidence comes with maturity, being more accepting of yourself. – Nicole Scherzinger
- When nothing is sure, everything is possible. – Margaret Drabble
- Believe in yourself up here and it will make you stronger than you could ever imagine. – Sarah Dessen
- Success is most often achieved by those who don’t know that failure is inevitable. — Coco Chanel
Confidence Boosting with Self-Hypnosis
Repeated positive suggestions and visualisation can also help to change the way you think. Why not try our self-confidence self-hypnosis download to use at home. Deep relaxation for anxiety and fear reduction and confidence-boosting suggestions to help you change old unhelpful thoughts.
More Articles About Growing Your Confidence
*This site is owned and operated by rewirethemind.com. Rewirethemind.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Rewirethemind.com is compensated for referring traffic and business to Amazon