101 Words of Affirmation for Him – That He Wants to Hear
Feeling loved and loving ourselves are two important elements in making us feel happy. Whilst we can give words of encouragement to ourselves hearing others saying positive things to us makes us feel loved and valued in relationships. Yet often men are overlooked when it comes to positive self-talk which is why we wanted to create words of affirmation for him to feel valued.
Whether you are dealing with your husband, partner, or boyfriend using positive statements or written communications to make them feel valued is going to help your relationship. Every man needs to feel loved and wanted even though they may not show it all the time. The key is saying what they want to hear and communicating it in a way that doesn’t sound false or cheesy.
Using words of affirmation every time there is an opportunity can be encouraging, build confidence and show how much you love your partner. They are also considered one of the five love languages.
This post may contain affiliate links which means that we get a commission if you choose to make a purchase through the link. This is at no cost to you. Please read our disclosure page for more information.
What Are The Words of Affirmation in A Relationship?
Positive words of affirmation are verbal or written ways of communicating that encourage, praise, or compliment your partner making them feel loved and appreciated. Positive affirmations are regularly used as a way of helping to create positive outcomes through repetition. Words of affirmation are also spoken about in the book called The Five Love Languages. Here they are considered to be one method by which couples communicate to strengthen a relationship.
Why Love Language is Important
The Five Love Languages is a book by Gary Chapman that is designed to help people create relationships that are long-lasting. In his book, he believed that there were five languages that people use including positive affirmations, spending quality time together, physical touch, acts of service, and receiving gifts. Whilst we are looking at positive words of affirmation for him you can also think about using another love language such as:
Quality Time – Choosing to do things together that you both enjoy such as having dinner out, going on day trips, playing sport, or walking. If your partner uses this love language then making space for them in their life is going to be incredibly important.
Physical Touch – This love language isn’t all about sex but also includes holding hands or giving your partner a massage.
Acts of Service – Another love language is doing something else for your partner such as making dinner, picking up something that they need, or doing household chores.
Receiving Gifts – Finally, the love language of receiving gifts can also be used. This is where you give your partner anything from small tokens or appreciated to grand gestures such as expensive jewellery or
Not all love languages are used frequently by every couple but if you are in a relationship where positive words of encouragement or praise are appreciated then it is important that you use mood-boosting statements to each other regularly. However, using words of affirmation every day or other love languages might not be appropriate. The key is saying the right thing at the right time.
If your primary love language is through touch or simply spending time with each other then prioritise these areas first. It doesn’t mean that words of affirmation for him to feel loved won’t still be appreciated but they won’t be the primary way he feels valued in the relationship.
Words of Affirmation for Husband
So what can you do if your partners love language is words? Well, the key is to tell him what he wants to hear about the relationship and your life together. What areas of your life together are ripe for compliments? What can you tell him that is going to make him feel loved, appreciated and needed? We know that men just like women love compliments and here are a few areas that you can think about if you want to create your own words of affirmation for him:
- His Appearance
- His Job
- His Smile
- How he Interacts With Children
- Your Friendship
- Their Intelligence
- His Sense of Humour
- The Little Things he Does for You
How Do You Use The Words of Affirmation for Him?
When your partners love language is words the key to making this work is not by showering them with praise every second of the day. No man needs to hear insincere compliments as they can have the oppositive effect. Instead, you need to think about how to use them authentically in your day-to-day lives together.
Words of affirmation as a love language should be used:
Regularly – Nobody wants to hear compliments once in a blue moon. Make sure that you find time to say them regularly to compliment your guy.
Specific – Using specific affirmations for your husband or partner is going to have more clout. Think of ways to personalise them for your relationship.
Authentic and Not Cheesy – When their love language is words don’t say words of affirmation for him that feel cheesy or make you want to cringe. Only use ones that don’t feel forced.
Said at the Appropriate Time – It is always good to choose your moment when saying positive affirmations. For example, if he has just completed a DIY project that might be a great time to compliment his work.
Communicated verbally or in Writing – Remember you don’t need to communicate words of affirmation just by talking. Leaving notes or sending emails can also work really well.
Words of Affirmation for Your Husband or Partner
- I don’t know what I would do without you.
- That is really impressive.
- I believe in you.
- You have a magic touch.
- I am really proud of you.
- It’s good to know that I can rely on you.
- You are my best friend.
- You look amazing in that outfit.
- You smell gorgeous.
- I don’t know what I would do without you.
- You always make me smile.
- I feel safe when you are with me.
- You just get me.
- I love hearing you laugh.
- I’m always happy when we are out together.
- You seem to know just what needs to be done.
- You are so clever.
- How did you do that so well?
- You are one in a billion.
- Every man should be like you.
- You always have the best ideas.
- I can’t wait to spend some time alone with you.
- You are so strong.
- You are one of the most thoughtful people I know.
- I learn something from you every day.
- Thank you for being there for me.
- I love that I can always ask for your advice.
- Nobody else takes care of me like you do.
- I love you more every day.
- We work great together.
- I believe you can do anything you set your mind to.
- I wish everyone was like you.
- Our kids have such a great role model.
- You are just awesome.
- Your strength is so impressive.
- I trust your judgement.
- You are the most important thing in my life.
- I hear everything you say because it makes so much sense.
- I got lucky the day I met you.
- I’m mad about you.
- I love everything about you.
- You always do such a great job.
- I love having you around the house.
- You are so incredible.
- I totally get you.
- Life is always better when you are around.
- Marriage is never boring with you.
- I really appreciate everything you do for me.
- You make me proud every day.
- I hope our kids turn out exactly like you.
- I adore you.
- We make a great team.
- You make me weak at the knees.
- I’m always happy when I am with you.
- You mean everything to me.
- The kids really look up to you.
- You have such a sweet nature.
- I never get tired of having you near me.
- I don’t deserve you.
- You are so patient.
- I think you are the better half of me.
- There is nobody else I would trust.
- You make my life so much easier.
- More people should be like you.
- I love that you helped create our family.
- You express yourself so well.
- I am so grateful that I have you.
- You blow my mind.
- I love how committed you are to our family.
- I really respect your opinion.
- I admire your work ethic.
- I trust you implicitly.
- You are one of a kind.
- You are my favourite person to be with.
- You are the most patient person I know.
- You always know how to handle every situation.
- Nobody makes me laugh like you.
- You inspire me every day.
- There is nobody else I want to spend the rest of my life with.
- Life is always more interesting when you are around.
- You are so handsome.
- When you are happy, I’m happy.
- I really appreciate everything you do for me.
- I’m always here for you when you need me.
- I have your back.
- You are such a gentleman.
- I always listen and respect what you have to say.
- You are my knight in shining armour.
- I am so glad you are my husband/partner.
- I’m always thinking about you.
- I love growing older with you.
- You are the love of my life.
- My life is 100 percent better with you in it.
- You work harder for this family than anyone I know.
- You are brilliant support.
- I love your confidence.
- You are so kind.
- You make me feel warm inside.
- You always put in so much effort.
- How do you stay so calm even when things are going wrong?
- I love you.
More Positive Affirmations
*This site is owned and operated by rewirethemind.com. Rewirethemind.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Rewirethemind.com is compensated for referring traffic and business to Amazon.
- Love Affirmations for a Specific Person – Positive Relationship Affirmations - September 25, 2021
- Stocking Stuffer Ideas for Women With Anxiety - September 20, 2021
- 12 Days of Christmas Self-Care – Self-Care During the Holiday Season - September 18, 2021